Once an iinked Certificate has been added to the user's profile, the user will have access to add a digital signature while templating and signing the document.
- While templating the document, from the left panel, drag and drop the Digital Signature field to the document. The shortcut key is alt + g.
- The field properties window is shown on the right panel. If the user set defaults for their certificate and seal, they will be set here by default. In this example, the default certificate was set to "New Certificate 2" and there was no seal set as default.
- The user can change their initial selections too.
- Other available options are:
- Optional - Making the Digital Signature an optional field
- Position - Position of the Digital Signature
- Show When - Add conditions to the Digital Signature field [see Conditional Templating]
- During the signing process, the signer needs to click on the Digital Signature box to Digitally Sign the document with their document signing certificate. If a Seal was assigned to the Certificate, the seal will also be a part of the visual representation of the Digital Signature. The final signed PDF document will have the Digital Signature applied to it.
Currently, there can only be one document signing certificate per document
in a Package.
Business Rules for adding Digital Signatures to the Documents:
- In a Concurrent Package, a Digital Signature can only be added if the Package has only one signer. If another signer is added to the Package, it makes the existing Digital Signature invalid.
- In a Sequential Package, a Digital Signature can only be added for the last signer. If the order of the signers is changed, it makes the existing Digital Signature invalid.