In order to ensure that documents in a Package are fully completed by your signers, you can template them as you send them out for signing. When you create a new Package, after you have added the Package details including the documents that need to be signed, you will be taken to the Review and Template screen.
- This example shows a two-page sample document.
- To template a document:
- Signers List - Select a Signer from the Signers list on the left panel. [You can also use the keyboard shortcut alt + # to select the signer. # represents the signer number.]
alt + 1 alt + 2
- Fields List - Drag and drop the required fields from this list onto the document. [Keyboard shortcut for the fields is alt + (the alphabet mentioned beside each field)]
- Sample document templated:
- During the templating of a document, fields are always added as mandatory by default. However, this can be changed by making them Optional. After dragging and dropping the necessary fields onto the document, selecting a field will display an Optional toggle switch under the Properties tab on the right panel. You can decide whether to keep the field mandatory or optional. The fields that can be made optional are Signature boxes, Initial boxes, Text boxes, Radio buttons and Checkboxes.
- There are additional customizable properties for Textboxes. Drag and drop a Textbox to the document. With the Textbox selected, from the right panel, select the drop-down Auto Fill. The drop-down has additional values available to be added to the document.
- Signer Email
- Signer Mobile Number
- Package Name
- Document Name
- Document Date
- For Textboxes, you can also add a custom value or a hint (a placeholder to let the signers know what value needs to be entered) using the Properties tab.
Example: one textbox with a value "Date:" and another with a hint "mm/dd/yy".
- Once the document has been reviewed and templated, you can Save and Send the Package.
While templating a document, a Show When option is available in the field
properties panel allowing you to set conditions on when to show selected
fields during a signing: Conditional Templating